Protect against intrusions and infections that can compromise your computer files or passwords by installing security patches for your operating system and other software programs. With OverDrive Read, you can read borrowed ebooks and magazines right in your web browser with a single click.
This means you only make a request for updated data when there’s an update. All images required to render your site go in the manifest and the browser downloads all of these. In the case of responsive images, the user ends up downloading both versions of the same asset. Just use desktop-resolution imagery and resize it down on the client using CSS background size. Offline access to this data is important while you’re travelling and faced with data roaming charges.
🌍 Firefox Add
- I am just wondering why Brave browser is not on the list .
- Pleasantly surprised to see many feel as I do and that there are many alternatives.
- there is a DuckDuckGo browser, but it seems to be only for Apple, Android, or Windows, not Linux.
- Blocks all the trackers,scripts and ads with always on HTTPS.
- Taking some doing and time, but I’m seeing it’s very doable.
There are no downloads or software required; all you need is a compatible web browser. Building a more inclusive internet goes far beyond making our code more accessible. Olu offers a thoughtful approach to a more welcoming web.
I finished a project recently which created a mobile Web-App for distribution on iOS and Android. The user bookmarks the app to their homescreen and upon opening the app runs in full-screen outside the browser and with AppCache will run without web connectivity. These version numbers are checked when you navigate around the site. If they don’t match what you have stored, an update is downloaded.